Friday, July 23, 2010

Future Guitar Hero

Beck demonstrates in this video that he is picking up more than notes when he watches the rest of the family play Guitar Hero. When twin brother Beau joins the band, the family can start their world tour.
Future Guitar Hero

This past Wednesday, during the performance of Texas, a lavish musical production in the Palo Duro Canyon, Beck sat on my lap. At one point when the characters in the story react to a coming rainstorm, the show has lighting and sound effects to simulate lightning and thunder. Beck looked up at me and said, "We gotta get out of here."

As if I were not sufficiently alarmed, he looked around and repeated, "Yeah, we gotta get out of here." 

Seated in an outdoor amphitheater that holds more than a thousand people, I had to suppress my laughter. To think that a three-year-old assesses the situation and assumes responsibility for the family's safety cracks me up. 

The shows we pay money to see have nothing on the kids I get to watch and enjoy. That's entertainment.

No comments: