Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

For Valentine's Day, these are a few of my favorite romantic movies. 25 to be exact, both comedy and drama. I've included some great quotes from these movies and a couple of links to YouTube.

Have fun stormin' the castle.



"I want to do something for her... but what?"
"Well, there's the usual things: flowers... chocolates... promises you don't intend to keep ... "

Tale as old as Time: "… there may be something there that wasn't there before."

"Remember, when you go out not to put on too much makeup otherwise the boys will get the wrong idea and you know how they are ... They're only after one thing."
"What's that?"
"I don't know. Nobody will tell me."  

"I think you're a hopeless romantic who's discovered that romance is hopeless." 

"So close to reaching that famous happy end …"
"Face it, Rose. You're no picnic."
"A woman's heart is an ocean of secrets."

Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind …
William Wordsworth

"I felt that it was my heart only that I was risking … but my heart is, and always will be, yours."

 "All great beauties must suffer and sacrifice."

"After all the stops and starts, we keep coming back to these two hearts …"

"You know what's wrong with you, Miss Whoever-you-are? You're chicken, you've got no guts. You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness."

"Do they still really have prizes in Cracker Jack boxes?"
"Oh yes."
"That's nice to know... It gives one a feeling of solidarity, almost of continuity with the past, that sort of thing."

"This is true love. Do you think this happens everyday?"
 
"Death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a little while."


"You'll never find anyone as good for you as I am, to believe in you as much as I do or love you as much."
 "I know."

"Do you believe in love at first sight? Nah, I betcha don't, you're probably too sensible for that. Or have you ever, like, seen somebody? And you knew that, if only that person really knew you, they would, well, they would of course dump the perfect model that they were with, and realize that YOU were the one that they wanted to, just, grow old with … ."
 
"If you fit into my pants I will kill myself"

"Okay, um. What do you mean by the leaning thing? You mean because he gave me flowers?"
"And then you leaned."
" …Okay, how did I lean when I leaned?"
"It was a lot different from hugging. Hugging's very different. Hugging, that involves arms and hands; and leaning is whole bodies moving in like this …
Leaning involves wanting ... and accepting…"

"Rhett, don't. I shall faint."
"I want you to faint. This is what you were meant for. None of the fools you've ever known have kissed you like this, have they? Your Charles, or your Frank, or your stupid Ashley."

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a great fortune must be in want of a wife."

"I am determined that nothing but the deepest love could ever induce me into matrimony."

"Perhaps I didn't always love him as well as I do now, but in such cases as these a good memory is unpardonable."

"I wanted it to be you. I wanted it to be you so badly."
Movie's Ending: most memorable sequence 
"Can a man and a woman be friends, without sex getting in the way?"
 "When you realize You want to spend
The rest of your life with somebody,
You want the rest of your life
To start as soon as possible."
"You've ruined it for me, you know."
  " Ruined what?"
  " Being alone."

"That's your problem. You don't want to be in love. You want to be in love in a movie."
"That's a chick's movie"
"I've been taking pictures all my life––long before I had a camera."

"More isn't always better, Linus. Sometimes it's just more."

"So, I'm not a theatre buff."
"Buff? The most difficult tickets to get will be for a Broadway musical."
"Okay."
"That means that the performers will periodically dance about and burst into song."
"I love you, Loretta." 
"Snap out of it."






































































































































"Democracy can be a wickedly unfair thing, Sabrina. Nobody poor was ever called democratic for marrying somebody rich."

"A gentleman fits in anywhere."
"A sponge fits in anywhere."

 
"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."
"Play it once, Sam, for old times' sake."
"I don't know what you mean, Miss Ilsa."
"Play it, Sam. Play 'As Time Goes By.'" [not Play it again, Sam]
"Why, I can't remember it, Miss Ilsa. I'm a little rusty on it."
"I'll hum it for you … Sing it, Sam."


"Who are you really and what were you before? What did you do and what did you think, huh?"
"We said no questions."

"Here's looking at you, kid."

 
"The likelihood of one individual being right increases in direct proportion to the intensity with which others are trying to prove him wrong." 

"She loves me, Mr. Jordan."
"Joe, you must abide by what is written."

"You're the quarterback."

"I came to Hollywood over 60 years ago, and immediately fell in love with motion pictures. And it's a love affair that's lasted a lifetime. When I first arrived in Tinseltown, there were no cineplexes or multiplexes. No such thing as a Blockbuster or DVD. I was here before conglomerates owned the studios. Before pictures had special effects teams. And definitely before box office results were reported like baseball scores on the nightly news … Iris, in the movies, we have leading ladies and we have the best friend. You, I can tell, are a leading lady, but for some reason, you're behaving like the best friend."
"You knew what a frightful girl I was when you married me."

"Take love, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever … and you still have only a glimpse of how I feel for you."

 

No comments: