Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day, again

My Funny Valentine!

Nine-year-old Ava made a movie poster for a book she read, completing a school assignment this past Sunday at Gran's house. The 4 glitter-gold "Oscars" at the bottom represent her awards for the book.

IA, inside the box to the left of the Oscar statuettes, indicates that she rates this made-up movie for "Insect Admirers." Not G or PG, but IA.

Gotta love her creativity. And her execution.

When I took her home, I asked if she knew what the word "execution" meant.

"The way I did it?"

Yes! And then we talked about when at age 4, Ava used the word cumbersome to describe something heavy she carried as the family moved into their new house.

Like the character Scout in To Kill a Mockingbird, Ava knew how to read before she started school.

Last night, I attended a lecture by Mary Badham who played Scout in the film version of Mockingbird. I will post about her tomorrow.

Or like Scarlet O'Hara, I will at least think about that tomorrow.

I love … books … and movies … and my grandkids … and writing about what I love.

Since it's Valentine's Day, again, here's a re-posting––Valentine's Day Movie Quotes

If there were more hours in the day, I would watch these movies once a year.

That is, if my husband would let me control the remote.

Which is your favorite?

No comments: