Sunday, June 7, 2009

D-Day, the 6th of June

Yesterday took on a new meaning for my husband and me. D-day turned into decision day as our house in Coppell sold and we have to be out by June 30. 

Our final answer: the deal was inked and the lot is cast into the lap and we trust its every decision is from the LORD (Proverbs 16:33). 

Now it's westward Ho the Conestoga Wagon only now we're headed east, spending tonight in Shreveport, Louisiana on the way to Orange Beach, Alabama for the rest of this week. We were in Lubbock two days ago. 

But Big-D, aka. Dallas has been home for the last 6 years, a footnote in the larger story of a place where I have known the good hand of my God upon me (Nehemiah 2:8). My husband and I graduated from W.W. Samuell High School oh so many years ago and our class reunion is next Saturday in Mesquite, a wistful way to conclude this part of our story. 

Miles to go before I sleep … 


No comments: