Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wonder Packers


My daughter's four kids watch a cartoon called "Wonder Pets" and even the 2-year-old twins sing along with the theme song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxlWvE2U0nw

I've changed the words a bit to accommodate our current situation, "Wonder Packers," which means, too, I wonder where I packed that thing.

But the refrain rings in my head throughout the day as my friend, Sandra--we've been friends since high school--came from Albuquerque when I called her for help. She is the Master Wonder Packer who works all day and into the night, organizing, directing and telling me, my husband and my daughter what to do next.

Sandra made a lanyard to wear around her neck, attached scissors and a marker, and she walks around with pieces of tape stuck to the front of her shirt so she's ready for the next box. She's always looking to find just the right item to fit into the box she's packing: "there's something we can use and it's right in front of us."

"What's gonna work? TEAMWORK.
What's gonna work? TEAMWORK …
We're not too big and we're not tough
But when we work together we've got the right stuff …"

We're the Wonder Packers.

1 comment:

Sheridan said...

Carol, am I right in assuming that you are moving to Lubbock? Have you found a house..where? What is moving date? Read something this morning that made me think of you..."To base thought only on speech is to try nailing whispers to the wall. Writing freezes thought and offers it up for inspection." Jack Rosenthal
Am gratful that you have a "team" to help out. Love you, Sheridan